We've decided...

Indeed.

Not necessary, the majority of us are there already :)

Reply to
Lordy.UK

Sadly, one persons' perspective of "good" means it needs the attention of a priest to exercise the electrical gremlins, whereas others think "smooth" or "quiet" or "reliable" are more important. :)

Reply to
DervMan

from later on in the thread, my mates got one of them nice cars to drive (but he's got the auto and it's bigger than a 1.8) and it's pretty well specced up too how much do you not want to pay for it though :)

Reply to
dojj

Unfortunately, these usually go with 'slow', 'boring', 'cheap plastics' and 'Japanese'.

Reply to
SteveH

Smooth and quiet don't really float my boat, reliable is secondary to if i generally like the car. Hence the 206 :) Which as it turns out, is very reliable!

Reply to
DanTXD

At this juncture I'll pipe up with:

You guys......

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Rather than "unreliable" and "looks great on a pickup" in conjunction with "doesn't work in the cold" and "uses more oil than petrol," associated with something Italian and full of "character."

Horses for courses. Get over my decision.

Reply to
DervMan

I'd like the luxury of being able to have something I liked more than it was reliable - but I need something to convey my ass around the country. I'll take boring and competent over exciting and unreliable any day.

Reply to
DervMan

That doesn't answer the question, though.

'Bloody clever' doesn't give a clue as to why it's interesting.

No, a cooking model Accord just suggests you've given up on life and are waiting for retirement. It's the kind of think my dad would buy.

Reply to
SteveH

Funny I've never suffered from any of the above.

I love the way you're desperately defending the choice.

Reply to
SteveH

Remind us again of what happened with the 33 16v ;) ?

Yea, because none of us ever defend our cars based on nothing more really than "It's mine so it's best!" :-)

By the way, my car IS the best one in the group.

Reply to
DanTXD

Well I've got the best Suzuki, best Volvo, and best Toyota in the group :p

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

I don't think either of mine are 'the best'...

But *I* like them, is the point, and I'm happy to defend them when others feel the need to mock, quite often from an ill-informed perspective, (or so it seems).

You're in uk.rec.cars.modifications now, not fr.automobil.fashioned.from.dog.merdes.plasticine.et.stickybac.plast-ic

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

I've got the best Peugeot now Nom isn't here :D

Reply to
DanTXD

Why limit it to SOHC - Rover K puts out 135, or 160 with VVC.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Do they have to match Dervy's anorak?

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

cheese spread in a tube

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

3 things which steve won't know much about! bloody clever to steve is engine working, suspension still working and it not failing at all over 2 weeks on the italian s**te his used to :)
Reply to
Vamp

it's all personal taste and we all know SteveH has no taste in cars or women! he likes the dog VBH doesn't he? i only wanted the BMW E36 coupe really badly because i know he hates it so much i just had to have it!

think we should have a SteveH UKRCM meet and everyone that has a car that steveh hates should turn up outside his house! should be a good turn out! then we could all go for a drive while steve changes his oil and catches up on the back of a low loader later on :)

Reply to
Vamp

Mine is best. Was independantly verified as such today.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp