We've decided...

And we're buying a previous-shape Honda Accord, mid / low spec, 1.8 manual jobbie.

Bit of a departure from the normal. I'm like all wanting the diesel option but Charlie's like, well the Accord has the most powerful 1.8 litre engine of the class and cruise and ABS and a/c and... blah.

So now need to gen up on funky VTEC trickery... It's the basic Honda 1.8,

130 bhp or so. Needs revs to perform.

What have y'all done to me, I wanted low down thump, not all the action taking place over 4,000 rpm! :-/

Reply to
DervMan

It'll still be faster than the Ka even if you never go over 4krpm ;-)

Have you actually found one then or?

Reply to
DanTXD

No it doesn't.

HTH.

Reply to
SteveH

Sshhhh don't scare him away - he might actually end up with a good car for once ;-)

Reply to
DanTXD

I'm not sure Steven will view that gen Accord as a 'good car'...

Reply to
Lordy.UK

The Type R isn't that bad, I suppose... :D

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

Heh. But Dervy appears to be buying the Rover 600 shaped model.

OK as a 2.2VTEC, desperately dull as a 1.8 cooking model.

Reply to
SteveH

Don't ask me, I only listened to what Charlie is told. She doesn't consider anything that requires the electrical gremlins to be chased away with ritual chanting to be a proper engine.

Putting away an insult, Alfa's lovely 1.8 twin spark produces more power but less torque. There's also a BMW unit that's pokier than either.

Reply to
DervMan

The new one came out in 2003... the Type R was available in the model before.

I believe the one you were thinking of, i.e: a pre 1998 model, was non-VTEC.

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

Nope. It's the in-between model, the one that's neither the current generation nor the Rover 600 in drag.

It's a VTEC unit.

Reply to
DervMan

One of these.

Reply to
DervMan
[...revs...]

I said "944"; them's grunty.

Alistair J Murray

Good car IMO, nothing exciting but there nice enough. anyone else wanna change there car to something SteveH hates a lot? this is getting quite fun :)

Reply to
Vamp

There's a lot of scope to be fair, on the basis that no one is, AFAIK planning on buying an Alfa or a Fiat any time soon, the chances are quite high that the next new motor to the group, Steve won't be a fan of :-) Hell, i'm thinking seriously about a 207 ;-)

Reply to
DanTXD

I'm pretty sure he loves both of my cars. And I reckon he'd take either over an Alfa :)

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

What have you got at the moment? Volvo and Swift?

Reply to
DanTXD

Aye. Both modified (i'm not sure whether I really belong in this group) :)

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

My car's modified.

It has an Ecotek fitted.

Reply to
SteveH

Why would you modify them and not just buy another car ;-) ?

Reply to
DanTXD

Bank balance was suffering doing that, and finally found 2 cars I'm not getting bored with :) Talking of changing cars, my old ZX blew its head gasket last week. Ooops

Reply to
Carl Gibbs