Well, I'm back home with the Saab.

It certainly isn't a dog. It's a nice drive. It goes well. No major problems that I've found. No sagging with the doors open, so the main structural beams in the sill are intact.

Roof opens and closes properly and quickly. Passenger side front window motor is a tad slow, but that is normally a build up of gunk in the works.

A stripdown and clean will normally work. Makes proper boost, gearbox is very small. He wasn't joking about the pile receipts for parts and work.

Has a Sony Radio Cassette fitted with a changer interface cable in the boot, but the changer packed up a while ago and never got replaced. Looks like a big blue DIN cable. Any idea what changers fit?

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Hope its as good as it seems to be - enjoy!

Reply to
Robert Knowles

Not quite as tidy, but mechanically and structurally, Oh yes.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

so you're not missing the celica yet? whats the difference like in running costs and fuel ect?

Reply to
Vamp

Christ lad, slow down - give him a chance to actually drive it :)

Reply to
Lordy.UK

come on you know what it's like when you grab a new set of wheels. you'll drive 200miles just to grab a morning paper :)

Reply to
Vamp

fuel economy will be better than a GT4 - but not great unless he drives it like a grandma :-) Not very fuel efficent by todays standards, though I got some amazing results out of the 9000..

On boost permanently my T16S gets around 21mpg, motorway cruising about

30+....
Reply to
john

In a way, yes I am missing the Celica. The Saab is a lot softer. Ideally I would have both. But I'm still trying to get the right tyre pressure. With it doing minimal miles and having a different than normal size, it=20 is a but guessy. But on the motorway smooth as owt. Beautiful. Had the=20 top up though.

Been for a bit of a bimble arround town with the top down, and up the=20 local bypass. Needs more audio for when the roof is down.

A great car for listening to blue/jazz/acoustic rock in, while cruising=20 along at a nice slow speed though.

I'm sure I got this wrong. I brimmed it off before leaving Durham. The=20 trip meter was showing 261 when I left. I did a few miles after I got home. It was showing 415 when I filled up at home today. When I filled up, I brimmed it again, with =A313.50

14.85 litres Yes, I drove all the way from Just north of Durham, to a few miles West=20 of Manchester on =A313.50 of petrol. Compared to the 32mpg best I got out of the Celica, that is just silly=20 mpg.

--=20 Carl Robson Car PC Build starts again.

Homepage:

NeedforSwede2

Heh, not realistic for running costs nor for fuel, either.

It's only after you're over the initial honeymoon period that fuel consumption settles down.

Reply to
DervMan

Used £20 of juice to go from Burnley via Accrington to Warrington and back in my brother's T16 on Saturday night, 4 people in the car plus a couple of bass amps in the boot. 110 miles, works out at about 23 mpg, but I was crusing at 125 on the way back..

Ted

Reply to
Father Ted Crilly

Sounds about right!

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Have you taken the time to stretch its legs? Bring it up to temperature and then give it a sound thrashing!

Reply to
REMUS

Well, I drove it back from Durham, A1(M), M1, M62, M60, M62 at or above=20 the speed limit, including crossing the pennines. I think that qualifies=20 as bringing it upto temperature.

Durham to Warrington, on =A313.50 and under 3 hours.

--=20 Carl Robson Car PC Build starts again.

Homepage:

NeedforSwede2

A688, A66, A65, M6 would have been much more fun though... I discovered this route after getting bored with the usual motorway route travelling between Stoke and Durham when I was at university.

Reply to
Andy Tucker

I did think of going cross country on the A roads, but didn't fancy=20 breaking down in the middle of nowhere if anything went wrong, with a=20 dubious mobile signal.