What Car to buy with £3000?

ok, got one in mind...

yes

not the quietest of rides, but I've always found it comfortable for long journeys

well it's not gonna be a hot-hatch in that dept, but you can throw it round corners in the dry confidently.

height-wise you'd be fine - not sure about width but should be OK at 15 st, unless it's all accumulated around your arse whereupon it might slop over the sides of the seat into the door tray or interfere with the window controls ;-)

seen baby seats attached to them - should be fine.. has split-fold rear seats too

uh-huh

nice.. this car would be a good appetiser for something of that performance level

what car am I referring to? A Rover 600 Ti.. there's a nice one here and currently for half your budget, yet probably just as much fun as other cars you could get for 3 grand:

Bigus

Reply to
Bigus

and jap engined right?

Reply to
Vamp

Nah, Rover T16 engine :) All of them but the diesel and the turbo were Honda engined i beleive.

Reply to
DanTXD

aye, the T16's are pretty robust engines once they switched to the decent head gaskets in '97.

Bigus

Reply to
Bigus

All of the above, but I couldn't be bothered to post it :)

Seriously Mike, you can't go wrong. Halve your budget, and spend the rest on a huge TV or something ! Cheap insurance, and cheap running costs too - so buy another TV come September...

Reply to
Nom

The early ones were just as good - headgasket job is trivial if required. They don't warp heads and do other silly things like a certain other Rover engine :)

Reply to
Nom