What do you think of these (alloys)

You wouldn't buy a good car, just because chav's drive them o_0

Reply to
REMUS

Modern standards not being very high I'm afraid.. The W201 series E class, the four eyed one the shape after mine that is, appear to be rivalling Alfasuds for solubility. MB are fitting four new doors, new front wings, and repainting the roof virtually as normal service items. So much for the 30 year body warranty.

Luckily my trusty W124 appears rust free.

Reply to
Pete M

Doesn't matter if you think they're ugly, as they're a bloody good drivers car. The 75 is even driven at the proper end. Unlike any chav wagon you're likely to buy. They also weight sod-all and have 150bhp, which is more than enough to blow anything you're likely to buy into the weeds, and that's before we've thrown some twisty bits in there.

As for not putting 'em on the Nexia, you haven't denied that's what they're for, and have even responded in a way that would suggest they are going on it.

I'm sure you'll learn in time, but expect a lot of abuse until you do.

Reply to
SteveH

I wonder if we can count the Scorpio in that lot. Being used to six cylinders, I decided to concentrate on the 2.3's feel today... and you know, it really is a damn good engine. Wish they'd put a low-pressure turbo on it.

Richard

Reply to
RichardK-PB

I want to try one of those, but only the Cosworth 24v.

Reply to
SteveH

Didn't say they were bad car's at all, just butt ugly. And if I decide to buy a Chav wagen then that's my choice isn't it and i'm quite prepared to make my own mistakes, there's only one way to learn :)

There for my other car that i'm not going to tell you about until i've done a few things to it, I know you won't like it so I would like to keep the snide comments just limited to the nexia for now.

Reply to
REMUS

I'd like to try one of those too, but I really do recommend the 2.3 to get a feel for the revised chassis.

Gut feeling is more and more that the seemingly pointless six-months-from-death revisions were all part of DEW98 (S-type and so on) development. Good way of getting some spring rates and componentry tested on the road with a car that was being punted out for peanuts to a very unwilling public.

I'd be so happy if it turned out that the Scorpio was now underpinning some Chinese limousine or something.

Richard

Reply to
RichardK-PB

Oh look, we've got Rob MkII here......

Reply to
SteveH

I reckon it's a Corsa 12v. Didn't he say he was getting an Ashtray GTE a while back?

You know, I should take a run up to Dunfermline and check out Rob's fleet ;)

Richard

Reply to
RichardK-PB

The £0.01 Calibra with no engine that you bought on eBay?

Reply to
Homer

Ok fine it's a Calibra 2.0 16v, happy now? And unlike Rob I actually have photo's of my car's because they are real.

Reply to
REMUS

Well, don't be shy. Lets see it.

Reply to
SteveH

Yep, god it sucks that you can search through the history to find shit people have brought...

Reply to
REMUS

Going to pick it up on Friday with my dad, i'm actually quite excited :) mi16 engines have the same mounts too! (i think).

There is a crap pic of it (too small), but i'll go put it on the URCM gallery thing brb.

Reply to
REMUS

I was offered a Calibra today. 2.0 8v, swap for my 740.

Just how many coupes does one man need?

Anyway, Calibras aren't hideous, they're too old for bling chavs and too expensive to insure for the scrotes, so what are the plans? Do it up as a classic, like the 90s Manta? Mod it? Dream of things to do then scrap it?

Richard

Reply to
RichardK-PB

There's plenty owned by chavs around these parts. They do utterly hideous things to them.

In a sweepstake, I'd say it'll sit around for a while before he realises it's easier / cheaper to buy a working one.

Reply to
SteveH

I enlarged the pica bit so it's a tad blocky but i'll take some more on friday, I was sosuprised when he agree'd to it, I phoned him up and he was really ok aboutit, maybe the chasis is bent or somthin lol. It's worth it just to practice technique with our new spray gun, although I havn't decided what colour I want it yet... black?

Reply to
REMUS

WTF???

Let me get this straight... you're thinking of dropping an MI16 lump, as in a Peugeot lump, into a Calibra already set up to take a decent 16v lump?

*boggle*

You obviously have less of a 'clue', than I already suspected, if so.

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

I saw this Front+Rear splitter and side skirts combo on ebay, what do you think?

minus that rear spoiler

minus that retarded gti-r vent

Reply to
REMUS