What do you think of these (alloys)

Where are you? What condition? I *might* be interested in one to resurrect my ol' 305. BRUMM!! ;)

Chris.

Reply to
Chris B

I think there is an auction in shrewsbury somewhere every now and again, anyone know of any in the Powys/Shropshire area?

Reply to
REMUS

I'll take some pic's tomorrow I have to go to work tonight or I could take them tonight but f*ck knows if the digi cam will like it : / as far as I know they are in very good condition, i'll find out if they are alloy mi16's later.

I am going to put them on that 205 site tomorrow too, so if you want one make up your mind soon.

Reply to
REMUS

Black's the hardest flat paint to get a decent finish on. Any cutting marks will show up, any ripples in the bodywork will show, and you'll be forever washing it *very* carefully and using superfine grades of polish if you want it to look right. Try something easy like white.

Reply to
Doki

"AstraVanMan" enquired:

Head Gasket. Still havent worked out if that is actually where I'm loosing so much bloody coolant, but its not dripping from anywhere. )c:

Heh, I want more MPG and I don't care how I get it (c:

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

It's too dark now, but rest assured it's mint, I don't think I want to sell it now ;) lovly looking engine.

Reply to
REMUS

Thats the general idea, it's not extreme it's a subtle body mod and allows me to poke a back box out of the meshed up area or two :)

I quite like that red, I would like to respray it, I find that rare darkish green oak colour that a few mk2 golf's where painted in attractive, or a slightly darker red which would proberbly be alot easier. But my ultimate would be black.

It all depends on the shell condition at the end of the day, i've got alot of engines that will just slot in (2.0 8v's 1.8 8v's 1.6 8v's.... etc).

Reply to
REMUS

Well, get me some pics and some more info and I'll let you know. Whereabouts are you? I'd basically want something I can get up and running without too much bother - eg, working engine, full wiring loom and all auxiliary components. I want my 305 back on the road! Argh!!!!

Reply to
Chris B

How many times must you be told ?

THE PCD IS ONLY ONE THIRD OF THE FITMENT !

THE WHEELS MUST HAVE THE CORRECT CENTRE BORE TOO !

THE WHEELS MUST HAVE THE CORRECT OFFSET TOO !

Reply to
Nom

Nope.

If they're VW fitment, then the offset is way out !

Reply to
Nom

And death, when the wheel falls off the hub, cos the bolts didn't hold it on, cos the centre-bore was too big to hold the wheel inplace....

Or neither, cos the centre-bore was too small, so the wheels didn't actually fit the hubs...

Reply to
Nom

Yep.

ET49 for most Vauxhalls of that era. There is a 0% chance of them fitting the Nexia correctly :)

Reply to
Nom

Or the Chavibra ;-)

Reply to
SteveH

Heh. miles off.

just buy some new alloys that fit right FFS.

your gonna end up with either a chav mobile or a facking deathtrap.

or option 2 (the one i'd take) is dont bother at all.

it's still gonna be a 1.5 nexia.

Reply to
Mason

In fairness, you can get adapters if the centre bore is different.

I don't think anyone does an adapter that magically changes the offset though :-)

Peter

-- "Diamonds are what I really need - think I'll rob a store, escape the law, and live in Italy. Lately, my luck has been so bad, you know the roulette wheel, it's a crooked deal, I'm losing all I had."

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Spacers?

Reply to
DanTXD

nope.

Reply to
Mason
*edit - not to this extent anyway.
Reply to
Mason

Did I ask before, anyway I either forgot or I didn't know, is there a listing on the net for compatible fitments then?

Reply to
REMUS

You shouldn't need to worry about the centre bore as aftermarket wheels nor have a large one and spigot rings to reduce it to the right size for the car, you just need to get the right spigot rings.

Reply to
Depresion