What do you think of these (alloys)

Here too, HUGE alloy wings seem to be the norm...

Reply to
DanTXD

I am not going to be able to own a nice car untill I finish uni or get a full time job, so stfu !

Reply to
REMUS

I like Momo wheels, but i don't like deep-dished wheels 'cos they look small :) Calibra wants big, flat spokes, that go right to the edges of the rim IMHO.

Reply to
DanTXD

Oooo, 3 months earlier, i'd have had one, with gearbox :)

Reply to
DanTXD

Pah, Mi16's are SO not expensive. Sell the 2 engines, and get one :D

Reply to
DanTXD

In news:cnbgm5$4sf$ snipped-for-privacy@news8.svr.pol.co.uk, REMUS decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

Er, have a peep in the auctions, you can pick up a Calibra for 3 or 4 hundred quid no problems. Round here you'll only pay £700 for a really nice

16v with leather, £2k for a nice turbo, and about £1500 for a V6.

The V6 auto is the pick of the bunch though. Nice quiet and poky. Doesn't go round corners of course, but it's a FWD Vauxhall.

Reply to
Pete M

In article , snipped-for-privacy@none.com spouted forth into uk.rec.cars.modifications...

errr celica as well i

You sure? I thought my GT4 was 5x100 and have been reliably informed (like the guy who told me has a set on) that the 17" Fondmetal alloys from the Gen7 celica bolt right on.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

*remembers the £100 195,000 Scorpio Estate which was written off at 208,000 miles 4 months later, with a total spend of £60 for a Ford CD changer system and £180 on tyres, and a cheque for £1,210 from the third party's insurance co - plus I got to keep the salvage :D*

Richard

Reply to
RichardK-PB

They do have an interesting look. I would not say ugly though. Most seem to make nice noises but not have much go (from where I am sitting).

Now - a fiat panda is ugly.

Or, dare I say it... a saxo.

------------------------------------------------ "We are all individuals" "I'm not!"

Reply to
Carl Smith

I always liked the shape of the Calibra. Would prefer the 4x4 Turbo though Mmmmm. They are cheap as chips nowadays.

------------------------------------------------ "We are all individuals" "I'm not!"

Reply to
Carl Smith

There is a chap who comes to York regularly... in a bedstead. VW based jobbie he built from scratch in a weekend. Andi something. Prolly come to me in a mo. Car is Andi Climax.. anyway.. its fast but f*ck ugly.

Build a race car or fast car.. but start from a good base. In otherwords.. I would not start from here.

There is a drag racing Calibra you might want to look into.. drivers name eludes me atm.

------------------------------------------------ "We are all individuals" "I'm not!"

Reply to
Carl Smith

What's an HG fault?

And Douglas, don't downgrade from a nice Carlton to a bloody Calibra!

Peter

-- "Diamonds are what I really need - think I'll rob a store, escape the law, and live in Italy. Lately, my luck has been so bad, you know the roulette wheel, it's a crooked deal, I'm losing all I had."

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Dunno about price - IIRC, it's the earlier lump that's more sought after, as, again all IIRC, they're lighter and have more BHP.

Anyway, try the forum on here:

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

This is of course, why things like Outlaw Rods run 250bhp+, dry sump C20XE redtop lumps, rather than MI16 lumps, isn't it...

Both are good engines. The redtop has a tendency to develop rattly tappets, but that aside, I'd say it was the more reliable, especially when tuned, option, without a head gasket / block cracking fetish.

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

But they're not standard :) 200bhp from an Mi16 is easy (cheap!) and reliable tho... And the Mi16 is very light....

Fair, and as we're arguing over a mute point anyway :) Neither are finding their way into Remus' car are they, really.

Reply to
DanTXD

You recall correct :) 1.9, alloy, 160bhp, 2.0, not alloy, 155bhp.

Reply to
DanTXD

Too white.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

'And they call it progress... ' ;-)

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

Aye... I want a 205 1.9 GTi really, maybe even one with the MI16 in place, so I'm hardly biased against them, either. ;-)

However, the call of a 200SX S14, is stronger, albeit a fair bit dearer.

LOL

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

i'm sure we've had this conversation before.

MOMO wheels are utter s**te.

in their class they are the heavyest and softest wheels around. I think early Fox's were softer but thats about it.

Mason

Reply to
Mason