Who wanted a mini?

me and HFM!

been looking at a few, tempted to get a cooper and not bother with a cooper s and spend spare cash on a tacky old mini with a silly engine. thats my current state of thinking anyway...

Reply to
Vamp

That's in the latter stages of transforming into it's natural state. There's rust percolating through the paint, so there's much worse under the skin, and that's after an "EXTENSIVE REBUILD RESTORATION", hmmmm.

I wouldn't touch it with yours ;)

Reply to
Tony Bond

That and it's a really minging colour :-)

Reply to
Iridium

No no no no no....

Yes, it's rusting for kicks, but the colour is particularly splendid for a mini.

The youth of today etc...

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Sold for a full TWO GRAND under the asking price! I suspect he suddenly realised he was taking the piss hehe.

Reply to
Iridium

That's exactly what I was thinking. The seams between the front wings and grille panel look particularly bad. Also the lower boot edge, particularly where the hinges attach. I reckon there's quite a bit of rust hiding under that uneven and blistered paint.

and that's after an "EXTENSIVE REBUILD

IMO it hasn't been restored. At least not in the last few years, or properly if it was done. It's just been tarted up to make it look reasonable. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

When the buyer hands over the 3000 Pounds, he will witness a fast dissapearing act of the former owner. Maybe the sound of running feet and maddish laughter are costly goods...

Tom De Moor

Reply to
Tom De Moor

Mrs JackH... a new shape one, that is.

I looked into it - HFM, I think is the general consensus...

-- JackH

Reply to
jackhackettuk

I traded a Mini One a month or so ago, silver, 53 plate, 38k miles, not the tidiest I've ever seen but the traders were fighting for it at £6.5k.

I was a bit surprised, tbh, but the trader who bought it had it sold within

24hours of it arriving at his garage.

No-one wants the diesel ones though, they're officially "Bad News"

Reply to
Pete M

Quite surprised at that seeing as that's the Toyota bits.

What is / are the problems ?

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Mini's are a fashion statement - diesel makes you look like a cheapskate and makes your mini sound like a tractor :-p

Reply to
Iridium

Accompanied by the sound of a chisel on slate Iridium, managed to produce the following words of wisdom

I suspect that Dan has hit the nail right on the head.

There doesn't seem to be anything mechanically wrong with the diesel ones, it's just no-one wants 'em.

Reply to
Pete M

I suspect everyone will think you're an estate agent in a diesel Mini....

Reply to
SteveH