wow

in replying to a post by remus i stumbled across something I'd never encountered before, quasiturbine engines, this is awesome stuff, imagine an advanced rotary engine which can run on almost any fuel including hydrogen, the engine can utilise something called photo detonation which uses extremely high pressure to ignite the fuel air mix, the combustion is so efficient that there is almost no dirty exhaust product, so no catalytic convertor would be needed.

for those of you who are interested here is what I read, it has moving pictures and is really fascinating.

Theo

Hmmmm. Very cool. The materials science problems are probably not insignificant if you want to get it to run for a Billion revs, but it's a very nice idea.

Reply to
Albert T Cone

I'm not sure about the vibration free bit. And they kind of gloss over the main problem of rotary engines - seals.

Reply to
Halmyre