X Reg skoda fabia

my older sis ditched her rather shit S reg corsa friday for a X reg skoda Fabia, nice little car! 1.4 16v alloys pretty quiet too and handles really well (i tested that hehe)

anyway the radio is pants cassette thingy (i can't even find a blank tape in my house!) so we've got a head unit on it's way. will i need a fascia for it you think? if so where would i get one from?

Reply to
Vamp

found a facias but no wire ISO adapter thing so guessing it won't need one?

Reply to
Vamp

or

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

Missus has the 1.4 8v. Not a bad motor, bit understeery, but so is the Celica. Yep, can be pretty quick. And can lift off oversteer in the wet. The 8v motor is the old Skoda 1.3 unit bored and stroked. The 16v is the VW Polo unit. When is the cambelt due?

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

dunno aint checked that out, it's only done 40k spot on recently so not quite yet i'd of thought.

Reply to
Vamp

Probably right for most makes but could be like some Fords that are TSB'ed down to every 35K even though the owners book in the glove box says 60K then it's best to ask a dealers service dept.

Reply to
Peter Hill

Hi. When I changed the radio in my Octavia, the ISO wiring plug things were right, but with one exception - the live (red iirc) and accessory (yellow iirc) wires were reversed, not a problem in itslef, but the radio would lose it's memory, its dead easy to reverse the wires, so don't worry. It might not even be a problem on your car - I was told that this wire-reversal was a V.A.G. thing, maybe they have fixed it now.

Reply to
conkersack

ah vauxhall used to do the same aint so worried about that, might need an aerial converter but apart from that i think it should be fine. got the fascia on it's way now.

cheers for the help people!

Reply to
Vamp