You don't see many of these arround.

Love the wing mirrors.

Reply to
Elder

Yes, and that's a good thing.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

They individually number the UK models. That's the 30th they've sold...

Reply to
DervMan

one of my clients had one, amazing car. Comfy, quick and completely anonymous!

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

looks like someone tried to make a car look like a yank motor but failed

Reply to
Vamp

Bet it is thirsty though. Can't see a 3.0 V6 auto being much less thirsty than my Celsior.

Reply to
Elder

The Rover 75's ugly mate

Reply to
Andy Dingley

How much smack had they done before they penned that, and looked back at it and gone "Yea, that looks sharp that does"...

Reply to
Iridium

Hi drove it hard and got low 20s, would see 30+ on the motorway.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Was intended for that market, interior was like a smaller lincoln

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

At the moment you see nine (9) of those around via Autotrader. I'm almost tempted to have one because (a) no bugger would steal it; (b) I wouldn't care if they did; (c) I wouldn't hesitate to take it to building sites or leave it on the hard shoulder on the odd days I do go to work on the motorway.

I've considered a Scorpio on the same basis but that money would only get me an older car.

Shame it's not LHD, because I'm looking for a cheap disposable LHD vehicle at the moment.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Bollocks, you can have my '98, last of the line, 24v Ultima for a grand..

Not many of those about.

Reply to
Pete M

Can't see any advertised for that money, they all tend to be about £2500 for a 97/98. Which is what these W-reg Hundys are going for.

Nope, but I think I've found a couple. I'm so tempted by a £500 Fiat

126. But I want a 4x4 with some room for DIY materials.
Reply to
Steve Firth

Panda?

But of course *finding* one is the issue...

Reply to
DervMan

If you mean the current one, too expensive and too small.

If you mean the previous generation, tin worm has seen them all off.

Yep, I think the reason is as stated above.

Besides I really don't want to drive a Panda all the way across Europe. I'd be better off buying one there, except that the rules about residence are bloody awkward.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Well, you can have mine for a grand!

Merc W124 Estate.

Reply to
Pete M

Yeah; I meant the previous model.

I saw a 4x4 Panda the last time I was in Scotland and it looked in good condition, not perfect, but not bad.

It did surprise me too...

I'd drive it there for you! :)

Reply to
DervMan

That's the startled frog design one, isn't it?

Reply to
Timo Geusch

Yeah, it's the late spec one with the black rimmed lights. Totally overloaded with toys, mega comfy, and fitted with a "Klingon Kloaking Device" the efficiency of which is second only to the Renault Safrane.

Handles pretty well an all.

Reply to
Pete M