Latest Car Modifications - UK

Subject Author Posted Replies

Lots of old tat FA
If that link doesn't go to my items for sale, can someone let me know. But it should. I'm selling a load of old tat. Everyone pass this link around and create some sort of mass hysteria. If you can be...
13 years ago 2

Re: Old car, new engine. Spanking...
Doesnt work :( tim.. In article , says... The URL wraps. In article , says... Does sound quite nice and quite quick on the road though 2.4L 90 degree V8. AFAIR only 3.0 V10s have to have a rev limiter...
13 years ago 48

Death of the Nova
This is the reason the Nova has met it's end: passed an MoT last July! I hate to think what would have happened if that had failed properly on the daily jounrey up the M3! Fecking Vauxhalls! So if any...
13 years ago 4

205 owner again
Well my freebee 205 Style is now on the road having passed the MoT with a grand sum of £20.16 being spent for 2 headlights and a CV boot kit. Well happy with that!! Got a nasty oil leak from the camb...
13 years ago 11

Did something a bit different last night.
Went to the speedway. Watching 460 big block late model sedans going around a dirt track sideways at 170km/h is good fun. My son loved it. 170km/h whats that in proper old money? and whats a 460 in cc...
13 years ago 20

Also in
In but not exactly running yet, (well it runs but as every thing isn't plumbed in yet it only ran briefly to make sure it works). I now have a partly built 1.8T polo 6n. Just needs a custom charge coo...
13 years ago 6

Woohoo.
Tankenstein's Junkster has a year ticket as of half an hour ago. In news: , Elder wittered on forthwith; Heh. In article , says... "For it looking so scruffy, I haven't seen one look so nice underneat...
13 years ago 19

We made it!
Just a reminder since this was a sort of SD1 thread that it's the first SD1 club national spares day of this year tomorrow Sunday the 22nd - to be held at Rimmer Bros just outside Lincoln. Usually lot...
13 years ago 1

Thats another car crossed off the "must own someday" list
1992 Saab 9000 2.3 full pressure turbo Needs a /bit/ of work but cheap enough for it to only need to last a few days. Suffers from the usual worn engine mounts and dicky TB (drive by wire) which will ...
13 years ago 13

It's in!.
What an utter ballache of a job. Broke one heater hose, which was annoying, the new clutch didn't fit (but the friction plate did), loads of bits needs swapping or general pissing about with but I now...
13 years ago 10

the new car hunt continues
On the hunt for a new taxi to replace the octavia, Now deciding that I fancy something a wee bit nicer than an octavia I thought i'd take a day to go look at motors, well what a waste of time, first u...
13 years ago 16

Chinese 'Brera'
'My eyes!' In article , says... It looks like the worst bits of the New Muscle cars from the US, with the worse bits of the New Maseratis, with the worst bits of the Skyline R34. As long as it has a h...
13 years ago 2

Latest shed mini-review...
Last night I picked up a five door M reg Toyota Starlet 1.3GLi off a trader mate for peanuts. Surprisingly quick for a 1.3 8v, (but then what isn't compared to a KA ;-) ), and sensible miles. Atypical...
13 years ago 14

Re: **** me
No need for the bad language - it usually demonstrates a lack of intelligence and vocabulary. Appropriate in the case of your post. You haven't said what is painted. Are you painting a whole car? Have...
13 years ago 9

Aaargh - Samba's
The Samba's been to the garage. The brakes were soft because ... the calipers were siezed and the hoses broken. Plus a few other things like CV boots needing replacing, washer pump inop and front susp...
13 years ago 16