1965 Equalizer Bar ??

Hi I had to replace the my clutch tube. I got a new equalizer bar, and found something in the old bars tube. It is metal bushing, that had a brass spacer butted against it in the tube, about an inch in from the engine side. I think it is a stopper or something and there was a ridge that stops it from going all the was thru? Has anybody seen this before? Is it needed?

Regards Shawn.

Reply to
Shawn McClelland