Tire sizes

I'm currently running 4 goodrich comp t/a vr4's 225/55 16 @ won't pass inspectio so I'd like to replace 2 of them with Comp TA VR4 245.50 16's and put them on the rear. Any ne see any downside to this?

Dave

96 Rio Red GTS with a few extras
Reply to
Dave Sibbett

at 23 Apr 2004, Dave Sibbett [ snipped-for-privacy@mylastname.com] wrote in news:ocjic.29209$ snipped-for-privacy@nwrdny03.gnilink.net:

The only downside I see is that you may not be able to rotate your tires anymore doing this...

Reply to
Paul

The 245/50/16 is about 1/8 inch shorter in diameter than the 225/55/16, but since your 225/55/16 are older they are probably pretty close in size.

MadDAWG

Reply to
MadDAWG

I wouldnt see why that would be a problem. The SN95 can hold a 245 tire easily, and once the 225/55 he has up front wears out, rotate the rears to the front, and replace the 225 with 245s. I dont see any downside. Gagan

Reply to
Gagan (mwarrior)

at 24 Apr 2004, Gagan (mwarrior) [da snipped-for-privacy@hotmaSPAMil.com] wrote in news:tpDic.654$ snipped-for-privacy@news.nnrp.ca:

My bad. I misread and was assuming the rears were going to be to wide for the front, thus interfering with steering...

Reply to
Paul