67 coupe driver's window replacement

i have a 67 coupe and i need to replace the driver's window, but i'll be damned if i can figure out how to get to it. i assume that the door splits apart somehow, but i don't know how to do that. i have a factory manual, but it's not veyr much help.

any assistance in this will be greatly appreicated.

tia

brian

Reply to
brian

Last one I did, the car was much, much newer. The door does not split apart..... but interior trim panel has to come off. After that, I'm afraid, you'll have to look carefull and think sideways. On some cars, the window regulator needs to be drooped into the bottom of the door cavity, on others rivets need to be drilled. IIRC, the factory manual had a decent procedural outline for removing and replacing the door glass.....

Reply to
Jim Warman

From the the '67 Shop manual:

  1. Remove the trim panel and weathersheet from door.

  1. Remove six screws attaching the lock pillar seal to the door at the beltline and remove the seal.

  2. Remove upper front stop and the upper rear stop bracket from the door. (fig.
5)

  1. While holding the glass, remove three screws attaching the channel guide bracket to the glass channel and lower the glass.

  2. Loosen the two window rear guide upper attaching screws.

  1. Loosen two vent window upper attaching screws.

  2. Loosen the front run and bracket set screw and the vent window set screw ( fig. 5)
  3. Tilt the vent window frame forward and lift the glass and channel from the door.

There is a step 9 but that details removing the glass from its mount and stainless trim.

There you go. My scanner is on the fritz so think your self lucky as I'm not a fast typer... Spend the $40 US like I did and get the shop manual ;^)

StuK

Reply to
Stuart&Janet

thanks for the response. i DO have the manual, and i've stared at fig

5 for awhile. after post>From the the '67 Shop manual:

and remove

bracket to the

Reply to
brian

Ah well, why didn't ya say so! I figured you were changing glass...

Glad you made out ok. As you found out you don't need to take the glass out to get the regulator out. My first car was a '67 coupe that had a narfed driver regulator gear also. Back in '79 there was no repros available but still a quite a few in the wreckers. As luck would have it a buddy had a wrecked '65 but the regulators are different so I just drilled the rivets out and got the gear and shaft out of his to replace mine. Passenger doors would be a good source for them with out as much wear ;^) StuK

remove

the

trim.

Reply to