Are enviro-nuts EVER satisfied??

And you are a typical, unthinking, knee-jerk LIBERAL. Sell your cars NOW!

-Rich

Reply to
Rich

Interesting take, Rich.... I'm a hypocrite because of what???? Saying that we all need to do what we can? Because I avail myself of the latest technology? Because I recycle? What part makes me a hypocrite??

I think you should spend more money on drugs.... those cheap ones are f*cking you up too much...

Reply to
Jim Warman

"Rich" barked out his ass:

: >: : >: >Has it occured to you that we should keep trying until we get it right? : >: >If not, then what legacy do we leave to future generations? : >: >

: >: >Kate : >: : >: The future generations will have far more advanced technology that : >: will allow them to better deal with any problem we might choose to : >: tackle. Leave it for them. : >: -Rich : >

: >Oh, you are out of your rabbid assed mind. : >

: >KJK : >

: : And you are a typical, unthinking, knee-jerk LIBERAL. : Sell your cars NOW! : -Rich

Sadly, the only intelligent posts you EVER make, are the plagiarized copy and paste articles that you toss out now and then.

Otherwise, you have nothing of real value to offer, not even anything worthy of entertainment value.

You are an idiot without an original thought in your empty head. Your idea of "Fuck it up and let the future generations fix it" is completely absurd. Go back to copy and paste Rich, it gives you some semblance of intelligence by demonstrating your ability to right and left click on your mouse buttons..

KJK

Reply to
KJ.Kate

: >The point is, cats may become superfluous on vehicles later than 1996. : : Catalytic converters are like hydrogen fuel; All the environuts want : them/it, but never stop to consider what is done to PROVIDE the : materials to make them. In the case of platinum, an ingredient in : converters, it's the clearing of the plant life, the blasting, the : digging, transporting, crushing, processing, refining : of one ounce of metal from at least 25 tons of rock. How much energy : and pollution do you suppose that creates in whatever backward country : it's done in? : -Rich

Is this the same asswipe that just called me a liberal? Which side of your mouth are you whistling out of now dimwit? Sheesh, choose a side and stick with it will you? KJK

Reply to
KJ.Kate

ROFLMAO!!!!! Dang , and I swallowed my gum!!!!! ROFLMAO!!!!

Reply to
Spike

He does the exact same thing in the digital photography groups I frequent. He links to and plagiarizes boring, outdated web articles/sites. Complains about DSLR camera brands and HE DOESN'T EVEN OWN A FRIGGIN' DSLR CAMERA! They smack him around regularly in those groups. Personally I think he's a troll or starved for attention, even if it is negative.

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE

All we need are batteries that can run a car for 300 miles, can be recharged in less than 5 minutes and can last 1,000 charge cycles. Put an efficient, 50-100hp electric motor in each wheel hub and just think of the savings that could result. No more antifreeze, oil, gasoline, transmission fluid, grease, power steering fluid etc. Then think of the addition interior space and packaging possibilities from having no drive train. Also, the performance possibilities would be fantastic with computers controlling each drive wheel with a finesse not remotely possible on today's cars/trucks. The car I described could be built today if we, the consumers, demanded it. BTW, do you own a car? ;)

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE

"Michael Johnson, PE" wrote in news:_OqdnVv6O8BphwTenZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

So Michael, if that Shelby you're considering had those 4 electric motors you're talking about instead of what it will really come with, would you still be considering it? ;)

Reply to
Joe

: >

: >

[...]

: > You are an idiot without an original thought in your empty head. Your idea : > of "Fuck it up and let the future generations fix it" is completely absurd. : > Go back to copy and paste Rich, it gives you some semblance of intelligence : > by demonstrating your ability to right and left click on your mouse : > buttons.. : : He does the exact same thing in the digital photography groups I : frequent. He links to and plagiarizes boring, outdated web : articles/sites. Complains about DSLR camera brands and HE DOESN'T EVEN : OWN A FRIGGIN' DSLR CAMERA! They smack him around regularly in those : groups. Personally I think he's a troll or starved for attention, even : if it is negative.

Until recently he's been relatively harmless, but here lately it's as if someone gave him too high a jolt of electricity at the funny farm or like Spike said cheap drugs.

KJK

Reply to
KJ.Kate

Sure. Electric motors can be torque monsters. I don't care what it runs on just as long as it can do a burnout and go like a bat out of hell. I would miss the exhaust note but it would be one hell of a sleeper. :)

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE

Or, while out picking through the dump recently, he came across a stack of old Greenpeace magazines....

Reply to
Spike

Problem... no drive train... ok.... no fluids.... ok.... but those batteries have to go someplace.... and when they go bad... I think we have some sort of pollution problem building....

On a happier note.... if they built it.... you could always get a CD of BB engines, slip some speakers into the wheel wells, and crank it up.... add some speakers on the dash pointed right at your face and the sound waves should mash you into your seat, blow back your hair, flatten out your face and press your eyeballs back in their sockets, thus giving the illusion of going like a bat out of hell.... : 0 )

A running partner of mine did the stereo thing with his VW bug (along with some phony pipes)... it really freaked some people out when the light changed. He had 'em cold for about the first 30 feet or so...

Reply to
Spike

I'd say I have to agree if he thinks you are a Liberal.

Reply to
WindsorFox

True but it would be a relatively infrequent event and comparing the volume of fluids over a 300,000 mile life of a car disposing of a set of batteries would be minor. Also just think of all the manufacturing of metal that would be unnecessary like engine blocks, heads, gears, transmissions, etc.

Who knows, maybe the whining of four strong electric motors might have it own unique sound that would grow on me. :)

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE

"Spike" wrote : >

: >Until recently he's been relatively harmless, but here lately it's as if : >someone gave him too high a jolt of electricity at the funny farm or like : >Spike said cheap drugs. : >

: >KJK : >

: Or, while out picking through the dump recently, he came across a : stack of old Greenpeace magazines....

Well, for some, bad attention is better than no attention at all.

KJK

Reply to
KJ.Kate

: >

: > Sadly, the only intelligent posts you EVER make, are the plagiarized copy : > and paste articles that you toss out now and then. : >

: > Otherwise, you have nothing of real value to offer, not even anything worthy : > of entertainment value. : >

: > You are an idiot without an original thought in your empty head. Your idea : > of "Fuck it up and let the future generations fix it" is completely absurd. : > Go back to copy and paste Rich, it gives you some semblance of intelligence : > by demonstrating your ability to right and left click on your mouse : > buttons.. : >

: > KJK : >

: : I'd say I have to agree if he thinks you are a Liberal.

Thank you sir... I am so pleased that you noticed.

KJK

: : : -- : : Oh, you are out of your rabbid assed mind.- KJK :

Reply to
KJ.Kate

"Spike" wrote

: On a happier note.... if they built it.... you could always get a CD : of BB engines, slip some speakers into the wheel wells, and crank it : up.... add some speakers on the dash pointed right at your face and : the sound waves should mash you into your seat, blow back your hair, : flatten out your face and press your eyeballs back in their sockets, : thus giving the illusion of going like a bat out of hell.... : 0 ) :

DAMNIT SPIKE! What have I told you about filling the hot tub with Boones Farm??

: A running partner of mine did the stereo thing with his VW bug (along : with some phony pipes)... it really freaked some people out when the : light changed. He had 'em cold for about the first 30 feet or so...

Yea, a guy can only pedal so fast for so long, then his legs give out.

Is this one of the guys that lives up north of me?

KJK

Reply to
KJ.Kate

If you ever wondered, do a Google-groups search for free speech store and/or sift through news.admin.net-abuse.email and look at the multiple posts under multiple names about the SPEWS list. One k00k, a million OT messages and the wrong meds. Mix in a whole lotta time and you have hurc ast to a 5th power.

Reply to
WindsorFox

And all those unemployed auto workers.... but is that something not entered into the equation... by the time such an auto is produced, what would the world population be, how many would have such vehicles, and thus how many more discarded batteries and fluids would there be?

Hmmmmm.... whining.... a Jewish car.... probably not good on dates... LOL

Reply to
Spike

Nope... he was one lonnnnngggggg before that bunch....

Reply to
Spike