Car pulls to the left

Get the tires you need.... having an alignment done at the same time is a sound choice..... without any impact damage, there's a good chance you are experiencing "radial" pull. 40 psi sounds a touch high but it's whatever floats yer boat.....

Why would you drive a car with very bald tires???? Some kind of subconcious desire for grief???

Reply to
Jim Warman

You've got mail in a sec...

-Mike

Reply to
<memset

Yes. I like being screwed over, Jim ;). J/k.. I'll get some new tires tomorrow. I haven't been driving the car at all really. Very little.

-Mike

Reply to
<memset

Badly worn tires will cause that also. It will probably correct when you replace the tires, but I would still get the alignment checked after you get tires.

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

Yeah, I"m definitely gonna have it looked at at least. As always... 'preciate ya, WindsorFox.

-Mike

Reply to
<memset

Front tires replaced (rear tires already new). Car doesn't pull either direction...stays straight.. VERY straight. I'm happy again.

-Mike

Reply to
<memset

PHEW! Good thing you're such a hard working kid! That car is worse than a woman Mike, she's bleedin ya dry!

Keep this up and the little thing is going to be like brand new!

What color is your car? I forgot.

Kate

| > -Mike | >

| > -- | >

| > A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT | > Cold air intake | > FRPP 3.73 gears | > Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter | > Full Boar turbo mufflers | > Hi-speed fan switch | > 255/60R-15 rear tires | >

| |

Reply to
SVTKate

She's dark green. I need to get some touch-up paint for a few spots... Car takes up more money in repairs than my girlfriend does on clothing!!

-Mike

Reply to
<memset

Wow. Either one really needy car or one really content girlfriend. Not saying the latter is a bad thing at all... :-)

JS

Reply to
JS

My girlfriend isn't very demanding... I take her shopping what some would call "often enough"... once every other week or so. Elizabeth (car) is one needy SOB!!

-Mike

Reply to
<memset

What does she drive?

Reply to
SVTKate
1998 Chevy Malibu... her car is having some problems too. Her car is fairly noisy (sounds like drivetrain noise like I hear w/ my Steeda Tri-Ax shifter). Also, it's a 4-speed auto and it takes forever for the tranny to shifti into 2nd gear when the engine is cold. Steering problem (steering rack was replaced, and I think they screwed up).

Any ideas where to start looking for those problems?? She's taking it into the shop (her parents are, actually)... but I'd like to have some sorta clue as to what's wrong before she does. Thanks.

-Mike

Reply to
<memset

I think the first thing I would do is have it serviced and a new filter put in. Any driving she does with it acting like this can cause more harm thatn you may want. Have them look for shavings in the pan, if it has shavings, then I would say look for another tranny. And if it's front wheel drive, just look for another frigging car! Swapping the trannys in those is a real ball breaker I'm told.

| > What does she drive? | >

| |

Reply to
SVTKate

It's RWD... but she's taking it to the shop this week. Tomorrow I believe. Thanks, Kate.

-Mike

Reply to
<memset

'98 Malibu is RWD? I thought the only things that Chevy made around that era that were RWD were trucks, the Vette, the Camaro, the Caprice, and the Impala.... could be wrong though.

JS

Reply to
JS

Nope... you're right, JS. I coulda sworn it was RWD though. Good catch. We'll see what the shop says when they take a look. *sigH*.

-Mike

Reply to
<memset

keep us posted, ok!

| > JS | >

| > > -Mike | > >

| > > -- | > >

| > > A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT | > > Cold air intake | > > FRPP 3.73 gears | > > Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter | > > Full Boar turbo mufflers | > > Hi-speed fan switch | > > 255/60R-15 rear tires | > >

| |

Reply to
SVTKate