CAR RUNNING HOT

Hello Group,

I am new to posting on the site but I have been reading it for about 8 months now. I have a couple of problems and wondering if any help can be offered. I have a 94 GT and the temperature gauge keep running hot. I keep getting anti freeze from the radiator kicking it out on the side wall. I just ran a set of steeda headers ( removed the stock) and a cold air intake. Is there any solution. I had this problem before the headers and cold air intake but it didn't run out as quick.

Ninja,

94 Convertible GT
Reply to
Jeffrey Privott Sr.

Where exactly is the coolant coming out?

-Mike

Reply to
<memset

Are you sure you don't mean "firewall"? If so, you may want to check for leaks in the heater core return fitting/hose...

Reply to
Iggy

Probably does mean firewall. Try to find the source of where coolant is coming out, Ninja.

-Mike

Reply to
<memset

Reply to
Jeffrey Privott Sr.

Are you sure your Theromstat is functioning properly?

Reply to
Shane Metzler

This sounds like something you may want to have a professional look at.....JMO

Reply to
Iggy

Is the radiator getting warm at all ? If not, your thermostat isn't working. Did you try replacing the radiator cap first ? This could be the issue. A bad radiator cap won't hold pressure. This results in overheating more easily since you lowered the boiling point. Remove NO-SPAM from email address when replying

Reply to
Rein

Thanks to all for the insite.

Ninja,

Reply to
Jeffrey Privott Sr.
** I have a 94 GT and the temperature gauge keep running hot. ** .. ** I had this problem before the headers and cold air intake but it didn't run ** out as quick. ** ..

I must wonder why you spent money on nonessentials rather than repairing a known cooling system problem.

Without having the car in front of us, it will be very difficult to diagnose and/or remedy. Perhaps it is time to seek the help of a professional mechanic?

(Please don't say you thought the cold air intake would remedy the overheating problem.)

Warmest regards,

-JD

--------------------------------- JD's Locally-Famous Mustang Page: http:/207.13.104.8/users/jdadams--------------------------------- Please note: I use a 'white list' to screen incoming mail. Unless you are on this list, your reply will never reach me. Are you on my white list? If unsure, use 'important-mail' in the subject line.

Reply to
JD Adams