Diff. Cover gasket

Planning to change the fluid in the rear end of my 99 'v6 vert. Autozone doesn't show a gasket, shucks shows a special order gasket for the 7.5", but shows it being for IRS. I have a solid rear axle, pretty sure it is the

7.5". Can I just use sealer?

Carl

Reply to
Carl

That's all I used when I replaced my axles...Twice! No leaks after 6 months or so. Worked for me anyway. 2000 GT Vert.

...Ron

--

68'RS Camaro 88'Formula 00'GT Mustang
Reply to

That's what came, factory, on the 80's models... just rtv.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Probably even better. It most likely has sealer on it form the factory. My 95 GT had sealer on it (pain to remove) and I put a gasket on when I replaced the fluid... It slowly leaked after that. Use sealer I say

Reply to
RT