Hot Weather + Downshifts = Engine Dies

Was at the coast this weekend where it was very hot and humid (not sure this matters). I have always downshifted when coming to a stop. Not sure why, just a habit.

Now when downshifting and coming to a stop, the engine dies. The times it doesn't die, the RPMs drop to 100 or 200 and then settle back to about 700 or 800.

Just curious as to possible causes. Oil is good, air filter good. It has done it before since I have had the car as new.

Reply to
Barrett

It would help to have more information on the car. You are talking about a Mustang, but there are several model years to choose from. :)

Reply to
Gellin' like a Felon

The reason is that Fords are designed for the environment they will be used in. Canadian Fords are built with tolerances for colder weather than those in the U.S. Likewise, Ford manufactures the engines for differnt parts of the country and the world. You can't take a hot weather designed Ford and use it in say...Alaska.

I must have a cool weather engine that dies in hot weather due to the computer not being able to compensate enough for the hot weather. So it dies during hot weather on downshifts.

Ok, so the above information is bogus. But it did get your attention. Now how about some possible causes of my car dying. I changed the airfilter a few weeks back so it is clean. The oil doesn't need changing yet, and I'm running Mobil1 and the level is fine. I am running a BBK CAI made of polished aluminun.

Reply to
Barrett