Interior Hood Release Location

Sorry to ask such a stupid question, but my son received a 1991 Ford Mustang GT from his grandmother (my father-in-law had passed away). and I cannot find the location of the interior hood release. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Rico

Reply to
Side3

Sit in the drivers seat like you're preparing to drive with right foot resting on gas pedal. Run your right hand about half way down your leg until it is just beneath the underside of the dashboard. Bring your hand and arm straight up until you hit the underportion of the dash. You should have either hit or nearly hit the hood release lever with the back of your hand. It's labeled HOOD and just pull it towards you. :)

I don't have a 91 GT but we have a 87, 88, and 93 GT's and the hood release is in the same position in all three cars.

Hope this helps. :)

Reply to
Sarah Czepiel

That did hlep...thanks. I found the problem was the alarm I had installed at best Buy. When they put the cover back on (under the steering wheel), they covered up the hood release. I was able to pop it back out.

Reply to
Side3