Loan

If what they sold you was defective, or not what you were charged for, the transmission shop needs to take care of it. Does your receipt or paperwork include a warranty? Companies that don't stand behind their work usually don't stay in business long. It might be worth a little of your time to figure out what happened and what the transmission shop can do to help you out.

Reply to
Yen

I know... but I just really would be happy if I never had to go there again. I just wanna take my losses & move on.

-Mike

mechanically

Reply to
<memset

I asked about a penalty for paying it off early & she said there is none.

-Mike

Reply to
<memset

Mike, for your sake I hope you're right. But in most parts of the civilized world, AAMCO's reputation is right up there with Earl Scheib. ;)

Joe Calypso Green '93 5.0 LX AOD hatch with a few goodies Black '03 Dakota 5l9 R/T CC

wrote in news:DD3kb.1621$% snipped-for-privacy@newssvr24.news.prodigy.com:

Reply to
Joe

If only you knew my other options here in Arkansas ;) I have faith in them.

-Mike

Reply to
<memset

LOL! Best of luck!

Joe Calypso Green '93 5.0 LX AOD hatch with a few goodies Black '03 Dakota 5l9 R/T CC

wrote in news:ssbkb.1662$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr24.news.prodigy.com:

Reply to
Joe

Thx. There is only a 90 day warranty... hopefully I won't need to use it.

-Mike

Reply to
<memset

I do too, however, inmy area, you could mail order a WC T5 and have it installed for 1500.00. Brand new stuff too.

Mike

1995 Eagle Talon TSi
Reply to
Mike

I think he's trying to say that it makes no sense at all. You are going to borrow $1500 from you bank. Guessing here, but isn't the APR on a personal/unsecured bank loan around 8%?

You're going to spend that money on non-essential mods for your ride, and end up paying the bank back approx. $1,620.

Why not just save up the money in an interest bearing account and do the mods later - it will cost you less.

Iggy '01 Dyna Super Glide '96 Mustang GT Convertible Keep your powder dry and don't let your meat-loaf. :o)

Reply to
SRQEagan

Iggy,

While I do respect your opinions quite highly & understand where everybody is coming from... I have grown incredibly impatient. All of my mods money has gone to repairs. New alternator here, new starter there, new intake manifold, new clutch, rebuilt transmission, oxygen sensors, etc etc.. the final verdict is I'm going to spend $850 of the loan on the transmission (its original purpose) and then also get a Steeda Tri-Ax shifter. The rest will go right back to the bank. And yes it's 8.xx% I forget the exact percentage. I only make $750/2 weeks but my car is paid off... I don't have many bills to pay, but I do owe a friend some money for a new radiator (*sigh* i forgot about that until just now)... but anyway I plan on paying off the whole thing as soon as possible.

-Mike

Reply to
<memset

Now that's interesting. I had my AOD rebuilt by my Ford dealer, and it came with a 12,000 mile/1 year warranty.

wrote in news:pyckb.1683$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr24.news.prodigy.com:

Reply to
Joe

Mike,

CJ was looking out for your best interest. MOST of the folks here will do the same. That's what makes this NG the best around.

I suggest to try and not take comments personally and let them upset you. With the typed/written word, it is VERY HARD to determine a persons ACTUAL emotion/intent at the time of his writing.

I tend to be a VERY straight forward person and speak what's on my mind. I feel this is exactly what CJ was conveying in his initial "What the Hell are you doing" response.

Take stuff like that with a grain of salt and move on.

Anyways, AAMCO has a VERY bad reputation on the National level. Not saying ALL are bad. I actually found a "decent" one in my area a several years back. Also, they where the ONLY one's who would finance my 85 Riviera's rebuilt transmission. I paid "Out the Ass" for this privilege, the FWD transmission was $1600 and interest rate was HIGH. My back was against the wall financially, and this was the only viable option at the time.

Heed the advice and warnings from what these folks are "suggesting" to you.

Credit is NOT always the best option! Use it WISELY my friend!

Reply to
Katmandu

Getting an automatic & manual transmission fixed is WAY different. There is a 1 year warranty at every tranny shop here in Fort Smith for automatics.. but for manuals it's all 90 day warranties wherever I go.

-Mike

Reply to
<memset

Another reason for going automatic... ;)

wrote in news:ohokb.1795$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr24.news.prodigy.com:

@newssvr24.news.prodigy.com...

Reply to
Joe

Once you "really" drive a stick, you'll never go back... :-)

Reply to
351CJ

Been there and back. I like my speed with comfort and ease nowadays. ;)

"351CJ" wrote in news:vp88ahr2e7ref6 @corp.supernews.com:

different.

wherever

mechanic)