Rattling noise coming from my clutch pedal..

Hey everyone, I am starting to freak out a bit after dropping almost a grand on a new clutch setup in my Cobra. Seems when the car is idling the clutch pedal vibrates and makes a lot of noise. If I put a slight amount of pressure on the pedal by hand, it feels like it is oscillating fore and aft. Once I let go of the pedal, it seems to rattle like it has Parkinson's disease.. When I bring the RPMs up, it goes away. I just had a King Cobra clutch put in along with a new clutch cable and billet flywheel a week ago. I already had a Steeda quadrant in the car. Anyone else hear for this before?

Thanks for any input in advance,

Steve

98 SVT Cobra #5098 Triple Black Steeda Underdrive Pulleys Steeda Adjustable Clutch Quadrant Steeda Tri Ax Shifter BBK Twin 62mm Throttle Body Borla Cat Back Exhaust Bassani X Pipe MAC Cold Air Intake

04 FLHTCSE (on order)

02 FLHRSEI 00 FXSTD Stage II
Reply to
SJB

The Steeda quadrant is not as wide as the stock setup, thus it can rattle due to the play. Put washers in there to take up the space and it should take care of the noise. You may want to throw some grease on the washers to keep them from rattling too. The movement you feel when you put pressure on the clutch isn't normal though. You may have other issues in the bellhousing. It may be that the lever isn't fully releasing, making the bearing ride against the pressure plate. Try loosening the cable a little and see if it gets better.

Reply to
Keith