Non-working dash lights: 1965 Mustang.

Hi!

I have a '65 convertible with faulty dash lights (64 1/2 actually)

I have replaced the fuse (it was burned when I got the car, but the new one has held up). I have replaced the headlight switch to no avail. All bulbs seem to be OK on the instrument panel and as far as I know, there are no other electrical problems.

It's probably worth noting the instrument panel is a 1966 panel. I'm guessing this was swapped out because someone has changed (what would have been) the generator for an alternator. Who knows.

Either way, I'm stuck: where would you look? Would it be stupid to jump the instrument panel lights to the proper lead from the headlight switch?

Any advice is welcome.

Thanks.

Reply to
pawn

-SNIP-

same circuit)

No, the radio lights aren't working either (now that you mention it).

properly from

That's why I mentioned it. I have no idea either way. You'd think someone would have wanted dash lights at some point in the past though.

Be patient here: are you saying the fuse panel is BEFORE the dimmer switch?

Thanks again.

Reply to
pawn

Reply to