OT: Dumped Thunderbird, for Xnews

Previously I wrote about trying mozilla thunderbird.... sorry, it's just too much hassle for the little diff between it and OE.

Xnews is far better as it allows multiple servers and identities.

I may continue to use Thunderbird for mail

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

In it's default state, maybe, but Thunderbird is a far more powerful program than OE.

So does Thunderbird...

Xnews is a good newsreader too. Whatever you're happiest with.

Reply to
Garth Almgren

Huh??? I have twelve email addresses from Cox and Gmail on my Thunderbird as well as 4 separate news server accounts. Each news server has the posibility to have totally different information for it.

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

Since this NG is about cars, not browsers, I will note that I never used my Thunderbird to get mail. My mailbox is only 20' from the garage. ;-)

Reply to
Bob Willard

Garth, If you could tell me how to use Thunderbird to get onto a Verizon news server that requires a login and password, that'd be excellent. It doesn't require SSL, but I haven't been able to get it to work at all. I don't see anywhere to put a password.

JS

Reply to
JS

You set up the server and email addresses and when it connects the first time you'll get a prompt box for a login and password. You should also have an option for TB to remember yout name and password if you want it to.

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

I'm using Vbulletin :) check this out for an example

Web interface is juseasier to deal with at times. If you guys have any suggestions on hoto improve the layout of things let me know. Alot of ISPs aren't givinout news accounts anymore Hopefully it'll help bring some extra activity to this place ;) fee

free to email snipped-for-privacy@iamnotageek.com if you see any spam through thi system

-- blan

this thread:

blank