OT: Tracking down an email

Someone sent me an email over the weekend and I would really like to know who it came from. The Re: address was not a working address and I can tell it is made up because it is snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com. There has to be a way to track this but I am not familiar with doing this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! Erik D. '94 white lightning '01 white GT

Reply to
Erik D.

D.K.R.

You could make a free Spamcop account and forward it as an attachment and Sc parses all the headers for you. It has to be less than

3 days old though or Sc will reject it as too old.
Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

How exactly can I do this??? I am not super intelligent in this field so please forgive me! Erik D. '94 white lightning '01 white GT

Reply to
Erik D.

Go to

and sign up for a free account. Be sure to read everything; they do a pretty good job of describing the process, and have an extensive FAQ system if you've got questions.

If you only want to find out the source of your spam, and not report it to anyone but SpamCop's statistics database, go ahead and register as a "mole." If you don't register as a "mole," SpamCop can send out spam reports to the spam's source ISPs and the hosts of spamvertized URLs for you. Again, they have a link to a good explanation of this on the page I gave you above.

Reply to
Garth Almgren