PING: Ronnie, Ed, & Kevin

Hope you guys and those dear to you (including your cars) are ok.

Joe

Michael Johnson, PE

Reply to
John W

Hey Joe, how are ya? We were without power for 8 1/2 days. That sucked. I bummed a small generator off Ed, which really helped. I can't imagine a category 3 or 4 coming thru.

Ronnie in Chesapeake

95gt/aode/s-trim 7.29 > Hope you guys and those dear to you (including your cars) are ok. >
Reply to
L&R

Glad you guys did ok, but being w/o power for that long must've sucked big time. So how's Christine doing?

L&R wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@cox.net:

Reply to
Joe

Yeah, everybody around here had a short fuse after that much "primitive" living. As far as Christine, she went 7.29 last fall when I changed to a smaller pulley. All the valves springs were shot, and the valves were actually floating to the point of touching the pistons. The car was getting 1.61 60' times on drag radials though, which was cool. So I got that fixed along with a little porting, and hoping for some

6.9x's if she holds together. First Ed is gonna retune it with the new Superchip software that Chris Johnson and his cohorts just developed. It's the next generation in tuning and makes the autologic stuff obsolete. Here's an old video from early last season before the blower pulley change. It's only running 7.40-7.50 with like a 1.72 short time, but right now it's the only video I have.
Ronnie in Chesapeake 95gt/aode/s-trim

Joe wrote:

Reply to
L&R

Not too shabby, Ronnie! Christine should be real nice after Ed does his magic. Hope the head gasket problem's all gone...

Real nice burnout; looked like a real good run too. BTW, is that an Edsel you went up against? Hard to tell - the roof looks like a mid- to-late 60s Fury but the rear looks like an Edsel. What was it?

Joe Calypso Green '93 5.0 LX AOD hatch with a few goodies Black '03 Dakota 5.0 R/T CC

L&R wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@cox.net:

Reply to
Joe

Is that chesapeake Va?

Reply to
Mstngcnv96

I just moved to norfolk, wheres the track and which nights are they open? Thanks, Pat

Reply to
Mstngcnv96

Well, Northeast Dragway is an 1/8 close to Elizabeth City, NC. It's about 35 minutes from where I-64 crosses route 17 in Chesapeake. It's laid back and you can get alot of runs. It has test and tune on Friday nights and brackets on Saturday. Virginia Motorsports Park and Richmond Raceway are about an hour and a half away or more and are 1/4 mile. I think VMP has the same kinda deal as Northeast. I'm thinking Richmond raceway does brackets on Sunday, but not sure what else goes on there. Richmond is a crappier facility than VMP, but you don't get many runs at VMP. Both are two far away for my liking. My friends and I prefer Northeast. Go register at

I'm Ron95gt on there. Feel free to email me anytime you want.

Ronnie in Chesapeake

95gt/aode/s-trim 7.29 > I just moved to norfolk, wheres the track and which nights are they open? > Thanks, Pat
Reply to
L&R