Re: A car club I need to join

Lots of similar clubs all over. I've seen VW clubs, Viper clubs, AC Cobra clubs (both real and clones -depends on which part of California you happen to be in I guess).

So, Google for "clubs, Ford, GT-40" or whatever, or car clubs by state (California Car Clubs).

The new Miata is look>Valley Forge, Pennsylvania.

>I remember some time ago seeing a virtual caravan of new BMW Z3 roadsters, >all identical except color. The only thing I could figure is that either a >club or a group of automotive writers were being treated to test drives in >the new model. > >Yesterday, as I was leaving work for lunch, I spied an interesting new >drop-top across the road from me. Had no idea what it was, other than the >obvious Pontiac logo on the front, which looked embarassingly BMWish. When >the light changed, he turned left. Behind him was an identical little >roadster. And another. And another. > >While waiting to make my left turn, I counted at least a dozen, and (in my >rearview mirror) saw that they just kept coming. At home, I looked at >pontiac.com and found out that it's the new Solstice. Again, either a bunch >of prospective customers were being given a ride, or a group of writers were >taking a shakedown cruise. Whatever it was, it's a group of people I need to >join up with! Wouldn't mind taking new cars out for a critique, myself. I'd >even start a blog, if that would qualify me for the spot. > >Of course, reading up on the Solstice, it doesn't strike me as anything to >get all that excited about. Pontiac may be targeting the Z3, but it's more a >threat to the Miata. Rear wheel drive (okay) and manual shift (good), but a >weak little 4-banger under the hood. Another "sporty" car instead of a >"sports" car. > >If they'd cram a six under there AND keep the virtual 50/50 body weight >ratio, I'd have to consider one. > >dwight >

Spike

1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior; Vintage 40 16" rims w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A gForce Radial 225/50ZR16 KDWS skins; surround sound audio-video.

Gad what fools these morons be.... Children are obscene but should not be heard Give me a peperoni pizza... or give me a calzone!

Reply to
Spike

No, this was definitely not a Pontiac Solstice club. This had to be a demonstration / test drive.

Besides, I didn't think that people who bought cars like these actually joined clubs.

:()

Reply to