Re: OT: Accident

Hey Mike, I'm so sorry to hear about Elizabeth.

Ok.. WHY didn't you fall on the ground and twitch like I taught you??? j/k

Now, hold on a sec, ok!

If the damage is minor, it will in no way affect the value of the car. Dents can be pulled, bumper covers replaced, wheels replaced it should be ok! Just choose the BEST shop. Take her out and get estimates from the best shops in the area. Don't underestimate the shops owned by local dealerships. Ford, Chevy, Honda and so on.

I kind of got the impression from your first email that it isn't all that serious.

As far as taking advantage of the situation, you have got to lead with your concience. People that take advantage are the reason that insurance rates are so high. If your car is repaired to pre-wreck condition and you have no physical injuries, then why ask for more than you are entitled to, just because you can?

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate

Maybe you and I share different views on this topic. IMHO, making up for a loss in value (assuming there is one) is more than enough reason to ask for a little more. Taking advantage of the situation isn't what makes rates high. More often than not, it's lack of attention and/or foolish behavior that causes the accident, which leads to high rates.

Reply to
Fao, Sean

Now, I wasn't advising to shoot for the moon, just that shortly after an accident people can sign away their rights only to find that there was more wrong than they thought (car and/or people) : )

My car got hit years ago and I was told to get three estimates. I actually got a dozen, and submitted the highest three, know>Hey Mike,

Hey! Spikey Likes IT!

1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior Vintage 40 Wheels 16X8" w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A Radial 225/50ZR16
Reply to
Spike

Valid point that without accidents the rates might not be so high, but you must admit that people getting greedy joining up with shyster lawyers, compounded by juries that award judgments way out of proportion to the situation all have definite impacts on rates. And I think what Kate was saying was that people are entitled to fair and just compensation for a loss, but should be guided by conscience as to what fair and just is in their particular case. Damage repair and medical sure. Compensation for loss of use while repairs are made, sure. But claiming damage that was already there, or injuries that don't exist yet can't be disproved, in order to find that pot of gold at the end of the rainbow is way beyond just being morally wrong. That's just pure greed which, if nothing else, is the kind of thing which gives insurers the excuse, founded or not, to jack up everyone's rates.

Hey! Spikey Likes IT!

1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior Vintage 40 Wheels 16X8" w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A Radial 225/50ZR16
Reply to
Spike

More likely the type when you get the Hersey squirts.

Dave

Reply to
Deputy Dog

I was recently quite sick from apparent food poisoning, and I drank literally gallons of blue Powerade to replenish myself, and also took blue anti-D pills to help control things, and the result? BRIGHT freaking blue play-doh squirts. It lasted three days. Most disturbing. I still wake up screaming.

Reply to
Wound Up

I think you may have misunderstood me. Making up for lost value is something new to me, but understandable. What I meant was more like "Ouch, my whole body is broken" when there isn't a thing wrong.

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate

Yea... what Spike said :)

| >> As far as taking advantage of the situation, you have got to lead with your | >> concience. | >> People that take advantage are the reason that insurance rates are so high. | >> If your car is repaired to pre-wreck condition and you have no physical | >> injuries, then why ask for more than you are entitled to, just because you | >> can? | >

| >Maybe you and I share different views on this topic. IMHO, making up | >for a loss in value (assuming there is one) is more than enough reason | >to ask for a little more. Taking advantage of the situation isn't what | >makes rates high. More often than not, it's lack of attention and/or | >foolish behavior that causes the accident, which leads to high rates. | | Hey! Spikey Likes IT! | 1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok | Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior | Vintage 40 Wheels 16X8" | w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A Radial 225/50ZR16

Reply to
SVTKate

To me its like be just a little bit pregnant. Inflate the claim for a Dollar or a thousand, its still inflated and wrong. Jes cause they done you wrong don't make it right for to do the same. Thats just me take it for what its worth.

Dave

Reply to
Deputy Dog

LOL

-- Melt away the Cellulite with Cellulean!

<memset
*Gasp* woooooow... i gotta try that :D. Sell it on ebay!

-Mike

-- Melt away the Cellulite with Cellulean!

<memset

Feh... I had the viral type of food poisoning last month. Ten solid days of, well, lack of solidness.

Reply to
Quiet Desperation

Hey! Spikey Likes IT!

1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior Vintage 40 Wheels 16X8" w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A Radial 225/50ZR16
Reply to
Spike

May I add to Spike's vast pool of wisdom? I'm not gonna pee in the pool anyway, so here it is.

DID YOU KNOW...??? That by law, (CA) you do NOT have to get three estimates.

You have every right to say "I want my car fixed at XYZ Body Shop" and they cannot tell you do do any differently.

It doesn't matter how many estimates you get, they will still send an adjuster out to look at the car. The adjuster will write his own estimate, and the car will be repaired according to that.

If there is hidden damage, the adjuster will be called and he will either allow or disallow the additional costs. WHICH is why, you do NOT sign off on a claim until the vehicle is repaired to your satisfaction. Often times, the insurance company will write a claimant (the victim) a check for the estimate provided.

Once the victim signs the back of that check, it's a done deal. There is a little disclaimer back there saying that you are releasing them fom any further responsibility.

Best bet, get your insurance company involved. That's part of their job. They can help look out for your vehicle.

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate

That is just too funny

| >> -Mike | >>

| > More likely the type when you get the Hersey squirts. | | I was recently quite sick from apparent food poisoning, and I drank | literally gallons of blue Powerade to replenish myself, and also took blue | anti-D pills to help control things, and the result? BRIGHT freaking blue | play-doh squirts. It lasted three days. Most disturbing. I still wake up | screaming. | | | -- | Wound Up | ThunderSnake #65 | |

Reply to
SVTKate

FOFLMAO!!!

Only YOU Mike!

| > > More likely the type when you get the Hersey squirts. | >

| > I was recently quite sick from apparent food poisoning, and I drank | > literally gallons of blue Powerade to replenish myself, and also took blue | > anti-D pills to help control things, and the result? BRIGHT freaking blue | > play-doh squirts. It lasted three days. Most disturbing. I still wake | up | > screaming. | >

| > -- | > Wound Up | > ThunderSnake #65 | >

| |

Reply to
SVTKate

Hubby says to eat beets for about three meals in a row! And for a REAL thrill go get snockered on some Creame De Mint

hmm... do you think this is his voice of experience talking?

Kate

| > > More likely the type when you get the Hersey squirts. | >

| > I was recently quite sick from apparent food poisoning, and I drank | > literally gallons of blue Powerade to replenish myself, and also took blue | > anti-D pills to help control things, and the result? BRIGHT freaking blue | > play-doh squirts. It lasted three days. Most disturbing. I still wake | up | > screaming. | >

| > -- | > Wound Up | > ThunderSnake #65 | >

| |

Reply to
SVTKate

Never take sleeping pills and laxitives at the same time.

Reply to
Jeepers!

What a way to say Merry Christmas

Dave

Reply to
Deputy Dog

ROFL! He liked that one!

Sick old man that he is!

| > hmm... | > do you think this is his voice of experience talking? | >

| > Kate | >

| |

Reply to
SVTKate