shift points

i recently got a 2000 mustang gt, 5speed. it is all stock, i was wondering if anyone could tell me the best shift points for racing the car. if anyone could help me that would be great. just email me at snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com. i dont really use this very much but i do check my email everyday. any help would be wonderful.

thanks in advance, bcpuckett

Reply to
bcpuckett2005

If you actually intend to "race", you really should familiarize yourself with your car a little first. An experienced driver can jump into any car and determine the optimal shift points in two or three launches and runs through the gears...

OK, If you bounce the engine off the rev limiter a few times you will establish your window of operation, from idle to redline. Now ideally you would shift as you hit your power peak (RPM) in each gear. That is going to be up near yet below your rev limiter enforced redline. When it stops pulling hard, you have past your ideal shift point.

The fact that you are asking such a basic question here is somewhat scary, please be sure and pick appropriate place for your "race".

Reply to
My Name Is Nobody