TR-3650 and the 1-2 notch

I posted this over at another forum and felt that this would also benefit others here.

I decided to email Tremec directly on the Tr-3650 after I read a post here on someone else contacting them.

Here's the response that I received from them and it looks like Ford/Tremec finally admits there is a problem and they are willing to fix it.

RE: TTC Contact Form Date: 11/14/2003 7:52:44 AM Eastern Standard Time From: snipped-for-privacy@ttcautomotive.com Reply To: To: XXXXXXX

If you go back to the dealer within the next three weeks, they will have three parts available to take care of this problem you have experienced. I know they have issued a Parts Information Letter (PIL) on this in their system.

Jon A. Vieth Product Line Manager

Reply to
MPBSR25

Ford/Tremec

Is the problem that you are referring to with the newer GT's going from 1st to 2nd before they warm up? I have an 03 and always thought it was the way they all were. I just have to be very careful until the transmission warms up. If this can be fixed do I contact the Ford dealer or do I contact Tremec at the email address above? Thanks in advance for your post and your help.

Reply to
Dennis

Yes on the 1-2 shifting. From what I've been reading since 9/02, this is a common problem that Ford has been denying since the beginning.

If you can alot more about the problem on stangnet.

But now it appears that Ford/Tremec has admited there is a problem. Tremec told me wait a few weeks and then call Ford.

Reply to
MPBSR25

experienced.

Thanks very much for your help.