Z-32 dashboard buckling at defrost vents

Anyone else experienced any buckling of their Z-32's dashboard right behind the defroster vents? I believe the heat/sun has caused the adhesive to break loose or something. Fortunately there are no cracks in the dashboard yet. I'm thinking about attempting to use some good epoxy to try and fix this problem. I could probably place some heavy objects on the dashboard while the epoxy is drying and resolve the problem myself. I just hate the thoughts of forking out big bucks to get this problem fixed if it's something that is actually somewhat easy to do at home.

R.M.

Reply to
R.M.

This may help:

Good Luck! JW

Reply to
Joseph Wind

Superb response JW! Thanks a lot. Believe it or not, this procedure is pretty much what I was going to attempt on my own anyway. However, I didn't know to remove the defrost vent cover to keep from screwing it up with expoxy residue. That tip alone was worth posting my inquiry on here.

Once again, I appreciate the link to the excellent writeup.

R.M.

Reply to
R.M.