01 Pathfinder LE bumpy as hell!

I just bought a 01 Pathfinder LE and the suspension is horrible! I was caught up in the sale and didn't notice until about a 100 miles later!

When I hit an irregularity in the road like the transition between pavement and concrete at an overpass, the front tires hit with a definite thud, quickly followed by the rear end bounce, I can kind of understand that in it being a short wheelbase truck, but what about the side to side waddle? Body roll? Everything under it is original, what can I do to make it "more car like". I've read about the bushings, but it only has 35,000 miles, could they already be gone? The tire pressure is set at 28, which I think is soft enough for safety reasons?

I'm willing to through some shocks on it just to see if they help any, but I can't find any? Only Monroe has a part number, but can't find anyone stocking them?

Help help help...

Reply to
Walrus

Tyson

you can replace the rears wtih 5 way adjustable Rancho shocks at about $75 apiece...a great improvement over stock and much more controlled. However, the front struts may be worn as well and those may be a dealer only item, and expensive...try the shocks first though...

in article snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, Walrus at snipped-for-privacy@austin.rr.com wrote on 12/9/03 3:23 PM:

Reply to
Roland Thai

I agree with Tyson -- get the Mich's.

Reply to
ppointer

It's the 65 ratio tires! Put on P255/70R16 as fast as you can. It's like night and day in comfort. I was quite disturbed at first too. Not now. I have 100,000 Km on my truck and I had the front links replaced last year, that's it, the shocks and struts and springs are fine.

Reply to
Philip

Try a car instead of a truck? :-)

Reply to