98 Pathfinder compass problems

Hi there

I have a 98 Pathfinder with a digital compass/temperature ... only problem is that it works *very* intermitently. In fact in a month, it might only work once or twice (I try turning it on pretty much every time I start the car hoping it might work).

I have checked all the fuses in the car and wiggled all the wires around the mirror/compass. This hasn't helped. I called Nissan the other day and their solution was to replace the mirror/compass ... $400. Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and any suggestions.

Cheers TOBY

Reply to
Kanoby