Adding central locking to:-

Sunny Hatchback 1.4 LS 5Dr Auto 1991 reg. No central locking.

Just bought this old car and I am already tired of checking each door separately before locking

I spotted a CL kit on EBay and have taken the plunge and ordered it. It is coming from Hong Kong (hopefully, one day).

I suspect that the installation instructions will be minimal.

Anyone know of a site ( PDF format ?) where I can get some tuition on this work.?

Also the boot/trunk is only operable with the key but I guess that a remote release for that is a project for another day.

just sid

Reply to
justsid

I you already have power locks... it's an easy job... if you need to do a conversion it might be a bit if. I got a set myself and ended up having toi by factory power locks. The acutator would fit in my Nissan NX (100NX). I believe DEI sells a power trunk release option, they go for about 20-30 USD on ebay

Reply to
iruka_hoshi

Thanks for info.

justsid

iruka_hoshi wrote:

Reply to
justsid

Er.. man I can't type sometimes. I meant the aftermarket actuators couldn't fit in my Nissan NX1600/100NX. Therefor I had to use factory style power locks instead. I do believe there is enough room in the Sunni though. FYI: It might be handy to have some extra drill bits handy. I broke a few bits drilling screw holes.

I you run in to any queries, just post. I check the newsgroups often myself.

Reply to
iruka_hoshi