dead micra - help appreciated

Went to start my Micra 1.0 K11 this evening- it wouldn't fire the engine at all. The fuel was indicating pretty low so I topped it up with 10L. Still no joy. Removed the fuel filter output pipe and fuel spirted out - not really a lot of pressure there though. I can hear the fuel pump start up when I first turn on the ignition - after a few seconds the sound stops.

I've removed the fuse/relay covers and all fueses look ok. Don't know about the relays. There is one marked CVT CONT - I've no idea what CVT stands for? There is also a relay marked ENGINE CONT. That sound pretty important so tomorrow I'll try taking it out and testing it - I just hope there is a pinout connection diagram somewhere!

I'd check the ignition coil - but can't find it! Help! Where does it live?

Well that's all I can think of to try - if someone has some advice as what to do if this lot fails I'd appreciate hearing about it. Normally the car starts immediately on cranking - but now it won't even fire at all.

tia

Reply to
i4x