Moving a Maxima from California to Ohio - Any service needed for the different climate?

Hello,

Next week I'll be driving a 2000 Nissan Maxima from Palm Springs, California to its new residence in Cincinnati, Ohio. Does anyone know if there are modifications that need to be made to adjust for the change in climate? (I remember hearing something a ways back about service needed - but that may have just been for dramatic elevation changes.)

Thanks! Kevin

Reply to
Kevin

JimV

You'll need to stop by the dealer and get the special great white north heater kit installed. Welcome to Ohio!

Reply to
ppointer

Actually there is one little thing I just found out needs replaced - I guess in sunny California they don't stock cold weather batteries, so if I want to start the car in Ohio's bleak and dreary winters...

Reply to
Kevin

It may also have those California emissions extras that are not required in Ohio.

Reply to
Bill Schnakenberg

NOTHING needs to be changed, unless you are using something that is no good

due to having a winter climate

1) see what motor oil is being used and that it suits year round usage (I use 10W40 in my 3rd gen maxima for the NE, see what the owners manual suggests) 2) tires - make sure your tires are up to the winter (you might want to get a snow set and/or replace using all seasons if you have virtually no tread left) 3) a note: never heard of a "special" battery to handle a colder climate it's just having enough cold cranking amps which shouldn't be a problem unless your battery is old enough to die of natural causes anyhow 4) emissions - don't have to do anything
Reply to
Downloader