Need help on how to remove radio controls from Maxima Steering Wheel

Need help on how to remove radio controls from Maxima Steering Wheel

My radio control buttons on the left side of my 01 Maxima Steering Wheel have gone bad. Press 5 times and they eventually change stations.

I ordered another one (with proper color) from Nissan.

How do I remove the current one from the steering wheel?

I see there is a screw below the control on the steering column but not sure if that is related to removing this unit. Perhaps it pulls out.

Would like some friendly advice b4 I try it out.

Nissan could not tell me when asked.

Thanks Patty

Reply to
pattyjamas

I don't know exactly, but I'm sure once you see what the replacement looks like it be clearer. I would guess that you'll have to remove the steering column trim....

Nirav

Reply to
njmodi

Reply to
pattyjamas

If I had to remove an airbag to replace it, I'd simply learn how to operate a car stereo manually again.

It ain't worth it dude.

-- TFM®

DISCLAIMER: If you find a posting or message from me offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore a posting, complain to me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate... ;-)

Reply to
TFM®