Nissan Axxess

Hi there, I just bought a '91 Nissan Axxess after reading several good reviews about this "mini" mini-van. It rides real well, is a 5-speed, and has virtually no body rust. I am somewhat concerned, after making my new purchase, that I am unable to locate a service/repair manual for it anywhere! It actually came with the default "user" manual - but that book is distinctly lacking any relevant information to the tear-down and repair of this vehicle.. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated..

Reply to
Gordon

any info at all...?

lol

Reply to
Gordon

Check the VIN and title carefully - I believe they only made them as

90 and possible 89 models.

They were cool, and I loved mine for the 82K miles and four years I owned it, but by the time I sold it parts weren't readily available. I had to order wiper arms *from Japan* and wait a month to get them. You might want to look for a parts car. :(

PK

Reply to
Paul

Hi Paul, I checked, and they were made from 1990 to 1995. They sold in Canada from 90 to 95 - and only sold the 1990 model in the US. I found it has cruise control that actually works! And the sunroof works as well! I guess the previous owner never thought of those items as selling features..? I can't believe how much power the Axxess has! It is only a 2.4L 4cyl - but it really moves!

er.. wiper arms from Japan? I would get creative with Juicy Fruit wrapper,

2 coat hangers, a squeegee and a mig welder before I waited for wiper arms from Japan... lol

I never noticed the vans around before - now see then everywhere..

Cheers!

Reply to
Gordon

Reply to
Paul

North... lol - Edmonton, AB. I just found out, that at -11 degrees Celsius (12.2 degrees Fahrenheit), the rear driver door will not unlock... More troubleshooting to do when I can borrow a heated garage for a day... =) Cheers!

Reply to
Gordon

Please, please... have mercy on me... I really REALLY need a service manual for this thing...

Reply to
Gordon

Hi Gordon,

I'm a new owner of a 94 Axxess myself and am also in need of a manual. I've heard that you may be able to borrow one from your local Nissan Dealer. I'm in Ontario and it wasn't got down to -11C yet so I've go time to lub those door locks, thanks for the tip. I do have a dash brake light indicator that won't go out, any suggestions?

Reply to
Frank_M

Hi, I have a 90 Axxess that I bought in Vancouver 3 years ago. I ordered a service manual from the dealership no problemo, but it took a month or more to arrive. I can't rember what I paid (probably less than $100), but it has been worth every penny. Frank

Reply to
Frank