climate control swap

our 01 pathifnder came with the standard climate control setup, three knobs and some buttons. I noticed in new models or maybe even the same year with a high package the pathfinders have an automatic climate control unit. Does anybody know if this can be interchanged easily or will it require rewiring

Reply to
stemo76

It's not going to be plug and play, the temp control lever that moves the mixer door is replaced by a mixer door motor. Has extra sensors - cabin air temp and sun load.

Older 89-94 S13 it can be done.

0285 Other than the digital unit itself the key items are mixer door control motor senors and sub loom. Your somewhat newer pathy may or may not be quite the same, depends on how much more integrated the system was to the rest of the car's systems.

Peter Hill