Slips

Hi :),

I have a 1984 5 speed transmission ( manual ) that slips out of 5th gear only. Does anyone know what would cause this and how to fix it ?

Thanks

Michael

Sounds like a throw out bearing.in the trany. Get yourself a plunger handle, snowscraper, etc. and use it as a wedge against the handle. It's not a cheap repair, unless you know tranny's. I had to do that with my 87 Sentra. One bit of advice, that bearing goes bad primarily because the driver rests their hand on the gear shift. Just that little bit of pressure will cause that bearing(s) to fail. I learned from experience.

Good Luck. Paul

Reply to
Paul Brogren

??

ROFLMAO a "shift bearing"?? :-)

Reply to
Steve

If you're going to direct e-mail someone, don't use a throw away return address! BTW not likely to get anything in my mailbox thanx to MS and their viruses..

Reply to
Steve

Sorry Steve, its been a while since I been on the newsgroups. I must of hit the wrong button as I did not intentionally try to direct Email yas.

Best

Michael

Throwout bearing??? The throwout bearing is what the clutch fork rides on against the clutch presure plate.

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]