Reply to
Jonathan

"Jonathan" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:

Reply to
MRK

Reply to
coryrhonda

They ARE?

Golly gee whiz, I wonder what that nice NEW plant in Canton Mississippi was for?

FWIW, Titan's, Armada's and Quests are built at the Canton plant....... NOT Texas.

Chuck

Reply to
Chuck.K

In message , coryrhonda writes

Not according to economist J.K.Gailbrath, who says if a firm can make something which the can make money on they will, then they'll market it to get you to "need" it, so you'll go out and buy it.

Reply to
Clive

Interesting story, but not based in fact however. Titans are assembled in Mississippi and my Silverado was built in Flint, Michigan.

Just exactly when was Michigan ceded to Mexico?

Cheers - Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan Race

who knows ?

and who would care ?

Reply to
TransSurgeon

GM trucks are made in several locations all over NA. Windsor, ON, Flint MI, Ft. Wayne, IN and some place in MX.

-Bret

Reply to
Bret Chase

From what I understand you can get them made in both places... in the US or in Mexico..... Had a friend who made sure when buying his truck that it was made in the US not mexico........

~KJ~

Reply to
KJ

I'm new to the group. I learned a few years ago that different body styles were produced in different plants. At one time the 5.7 GM truck engine was made exclusively in Mexico, but I don't think that is true anymore. Components of each truck are made in different locations and assembled in several others. Some plants produced a variety of trucks but in groups as parts become available. It seems to be a logistical nightmare. As for the Titan, there may be more than one plant pumping out only one type of body style in order to get as many trucks on the market as possible. As the truck increases in sales, additonal body styles may be added to those plants.

Brad

Reply to
Brad Taylor