Xterra 2000 ABS light ?

My 2000 Xterra ABS light comes on sometimes after startup stays on till I turn off the engine. but next time I startup light does not come on. so its a on and off problem.
Has anyone else have this problem?
Thanks
Check to make sure that all the magnetic pickups are working properly at each wheel. Basically, the car generates a square wave at each wheel. The manual will tell you what the proper readings should be. But, from my experience, you should find a wire that has been pulled loose at one of the wheels. In your case of an intermittent problem, as yours, you will find that one of the plugs is contaminated or has water in it. Do you drive off road? If so and you have been in water that is probably the problem. I would not think the brake fluid has gone bad this soon since your car is a 2000. If the brake fluid is dirty that can cause an intermittent problem. If this is the case you will need to bleed the system. Start at the back passenger side, wheel and use Ford High Performance brake fluid as it has the highest boiling point of normal brake fluid. Do not use synthetic as the fluid screws up the ABS systsm.
ffchris wrote:

probably has a poor connection at the left front wheel speed sensor.
Common problem, Nissan has a TSB on this problem.
And No ,Nissan will not pay for it , the truck is out of warranty and just because there is a TSB does not mean your warranty is extended to cover it.

problem.