Replacing a key

The keys to my 1995 Nissian are lost. I now live in a different state from the original dealer (Who sold it used). What can I do?

Reply to
capcomop

Same thing happened to me. Not a problem. Just go to any Nissan dealer and they can cut a new key. Just bring all your documents (registration...)

Is there another layer of complication I'm missing?

Yam> The keys to my 1995 Nissian are lost. I now live in a different state from

capcomop via CarKB.com

With my 1995 altima there was a little metal plate that came with the owners manual, taped into the plastic cover book, that had a code that the dealer could use to cut a new key for you. If you still have the manual you should look in there to see if the plate exists.

Reply to
bucksatan

Check with any Dealer the may be able to look up the vin # for key code. If not You can usually have a locksmith comeout & make a new key. Otherwise If you can take the trunk lock or door panel off get the door lock out take it to the locksmith

Reply to
sqdancerLynn