02 Maxima sound system

I have purchased a 2002 Maxima used and recently noticed that my front drivers speaker goes in and out when I play my cds on the bose sound system. Is anyone else having this problem? Was their a recall that the previous owners missed? What did people do to fix this problem? Any suggestions would be helpful. Thank you.

Reply to
MelindaSTL

This is a common problem. See

for more information. I believe the head unit has to be replaced to fix the problem. That is not a cheap proposition - especially if you are out of warranty.

Cheers, Nirav

96 Max GLE, 121k
Reply to
njmodi

nope, no recalls no radio's

Radio/CD players becoming inop does not constitute a safety related issue, meaning the car is not going to crash or become disabled if the radio quits.Those are the things that dictate recalls.

Like Nirav said, the problem may be with the head unit, your best bet is to got to Best Buy and get a new unit installed.

Reply to
NissTech