1993 Maxima cuts out

Whenever I drive my car, it drives fine. However, sometimes it cuts out whenenever the car comes to a stop. I will try starting it about two or times before it starts again. I tried many mechanics and all they do is fix something else and the problem still remains. Any ideas as to what might be causing this problem?

Reply to
Michie

Have they checked the pressure from the fuel pump? There are a host of other ills that it could be, but that is as good a one to start with than any other.

Any other answer, this group will need to know if it is a GXE or SE. The SE and GXE have quite different engine set ups.

All the best - H

Reply to
Hazey

Has anyone cleaned the throttle housing?

Reply to
Steve T

...Any ideas as to what might be causing this problem? There are so many ideas/troublepossibilities on a teenage floating computer center that its not possible to write all on this page. Also your story is so vague, that it may contain any of those ideas, please try to specify... starting from mileage.

As (if?) the engine dies only warm and idling, Intake/hosing air leaks repair, IACV cleanup is highly probable help. Distributor/cap/wiring replacement, relay/connector cleanup job and/plus mentioned gas delivery are some of the possibilities. Pls. Read/check link pages below for details.

Reply to
Wiikinki