1997 Maxima

I will pick up my 97 Maxima GLE this weekend but I just want to ask that can the factory CD read CDR and CDRW. I also hope to get a mp3 player (they are so convenient) but do you think it's a shame to take out the factory CD/Radio unit because it contours to the dashboard so perfectly. Meanwhile, I can't wait to pick up the car this weekend, it's such a great car at a great price. People are paying for the almost the same price for something like an Integra or Accord and I don't know why they overook the Maxima.

Reply to
Goldfinger

If that's the Bose then I think it does play CDRs. CDRWs I haven't tried, and keep in mind whatever burner you use may make a difference - there are no guarantees.

If you want to replace a Bose setup, you'll need two things: a Scosche adapter b/c the Bose signal lines run at a different impedance than normal stereo gear, and a DIN sized pocket or something to fill the extra gap.

I put in an MP3 player, and to tell you the truth I like the look of my separate DINs and having the pocket. You could get one of those Panasonic touch-screen players and customize the colors to match your backlighting.

Dave

Reply to
David Geesaman

Good luck with your 97gle I have a 98se and just love it. :-)I would be really surprised if the Nissan CD player would read a CDR. Let me know when you try it. ronm

Reply to
ronm

The SE has firmer suspension and the GXE has more standard options.

Reply to
Goldfinger

CDR shouldn't be a problem, but compatibility with CDRW is still rare in car players, let alone one from 97. The CDRW media is much less reflective.

Reply to
Monte

My Bose will play CDRs just fine, but not CDRWs. I've tried different brands and recording speeds, but no luck.

Reply to
Filipp Stepanov

Have a '97 maxima SE & the Bose CD player reads CDR audio just fine. If I recall correctly I also was able to use CDRW on it as well.

Reply to
W. Wallace