1997 Maxima hard starting!

When engine is cold it starts then turn off after 2 seconds, repeatedly. Only way is if gas paddle is pressed down about one inch and start then release gas paddle after about three seconds which is now normal mode of first start. After that no problem all day long unless not used for about

6-8 hours. 207,000 KM, plugs changed @ 145,000 KM, fluids, filters changed regularly, no code light on.
Reply to
Al

If you haven't done it, I suggest that you clean the throttle body. I had the same issue with my 96 Max and since I cleaned the throttle body problem has been gone.

Paul

Reply to
flansp78

Already at 100.000km soot from air 'fills' IdleAirChannels and said TB. Microsize carbon particles that get in through filter... MAF resistor(s) also get dirty.

Possible component faults are IACV and/or TPS. ...cleanup knowhow

; for your model check clic clic'Favorite Links'

Reply to
Wiikinki

I had these exact symptoms, that went away when I cleand the throttle body.

Reply to
Filipp Stepanov