2000 Maxima Sparkplug Replacement?

I took my Maxima to local mechanic to replace the sparkplugs and he said he couldn't do it as he would have to take the intake manifold off?????? Is this correct?

I normally change my own spark plugs in my nissan truck with no problem, but could not see where the spark plugs were located on the maxima.

Could someone tell me where all six of the sparkplugs are located?

Sorry for such as basic question........

Reply to
Randy

Sending under separate cover.

Reply to
Chuck In Dallas

they are 100K miles plugs,,the rear ones are very hard to acess,,but the intake manifold does not have to be taken off to do them if the mechanic has the proper tools,,,,yours apparently does not.

Randy wrote:

Reply to
common_ sense

I replaced my plugs at about 110,000 in my 2000 Maxima...which now has

170,000 miles and running great.

They are easy to do, front and rear. You don't have to take off the intake manifold. What a crock.

Reply to
Chuck In Dallas