2004 Maxima back bumper vulnerability?

I took an '04 SL out for a test drive today. I liked it a lot, but as I walked away I noticed that a classic back "bumper" doesn't seem to exist on this car. It looks like there's one single, large body panel extending all the way down from the trunk opening and below the lights, then wrapping around both sides all the way forward to the rear wheel wells. This is one major-size panel.

1) How vulnerable is it to the usual scratches and dings from parking in the city?

2) Is it made of plastic, or is it metal - how do I touch it up?

3) What does it take to put an actual dent in it?

4) In the worst case, would the whole thing need to be replaced? What's the cost?

5) One other thing - should I worry about Xenon headlights being swiped from this model?

Slightly paranoid, Cliff C

Reply to
Cliff Chinaski

Don Sussman

Gee, you don't have brake shudder with a new 04SE, wow! What'll the japs think of next........

Reply to
noyap

I have a 2004 maxima and yes the back bumper is like butter the slightest nudge and you have a mark or nick.It is true however non goudge dents can come out with heat application as my dealer bodyshop confirmed.

Reply to
sg71